A brief overview of the foundations of classical mechanics.
- Classical Mechanics
- Overview of foundations of classical mechanics
- Langrangian, Hamiltonian formulation, Noether’s theorem, Poisson brackets and more
- Goldstein, Poole, and Safko, Classical Mechanics
- One of the standards, for good reason; very solid and thorough coverage.
- Landau and Lifshitz, Mechanics (Vol. 1)
- An older and technical book. A very elegant coverage of classical mechanics. More appropriate at a slightly more advanced level.